Monday, February 22, 2016

1848 Stage Coach Wood Model Kit by Latina (Side Curtains and attachments)

The side curtains attached at the top on the outside of the body so that they overlap the window frames.

I wanted a very secure mechanical fastening so I came up with a section that could be glued and nailed.

The WF example doesn't have a curtain on the door but the kit shows one, I'll decide later.

I designed the section and "unfolded" it in CAD, the tricky part is the 180 deg. bend.

There are 4 short ones and two longer ones.

After rolling, crimping and gluing the curtains in place.
I added the tie down straps.
And mounted them to the cab.
One of the primary goals for this model is longevity; so everything has mechanical fastening and glue.

BTW none of this is easy.







No comments:

Post a Comment