Tuesday, December 15, 2015

1848 Stage Coach Wood Model Kit by Latina (Chassis)

Looking for a challenge and something that is true Americana, I settled on a stage coach.
I have a History of transportation collection that includes cars, buggies, tractors, tanks, and robots.
But there is something unique about stage coach.

Stage Coach Model Kit by Latina appeared to be a good choice, I have to admit that the kit is good but in many areas is mostly a "good suggestion" as to how someone might build one part or another.

I started with the chassis and the wheels.
After a couple of attempts I realized that the 6 segment wheels were never going to look round or planor or anything that I wanted.

I went ahead and machined these wheels with the notches for the spokes.


Don't have any interim pics but the chassis is a discrete assembly from the body, so I could complete it without regard to the Body assembly.

As I become more comfortable withe making my own aesthetic choices in each and every aspect of the build it becomes more fun.

The pin-striping is easier than it looks.

I wanted the metal parts to stand out so I etched then gun-blued them so they would stand out against the yellow.







No comments:

Post a Comment