Sunday, December 20, 2015

1848 Stage Coach Wood Model Kit by Latina (Interior Seat Cushions)

The kit has (for me) too much emphasis on the interior.

My interest in the build is to have a very pleasing exterior and only enough interior to get by while looking thru the windows.

I also have no interest in doors that open in fact they would limit the continuity of the exterior surfaces and the stringers.

Back to the seats.

I decided to mill the button tufting into a piece of 12lb foam. The 12 lb is nice because you can cut at a high rate of speed. 

Seat back and cushion all in one milling.

Cut out and trimmed to fit, ready for painting.
I needed something that would fill the pours of the 12lb foam easily and give a dark black.

I came up with a two step finish that started with spray underbody coating sealed with water based poly. I put brass nails in for the buttons.

In the shadows of the interior they are going to be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment